1995-09-29 - Re: Netscpae & Fortezza (Or, say it Ain’t so, Jeff?)

Header Data

From: hallam@w3.org
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 564caefe740c2347c68130536f7f794fcc93bcc1d921e1f62a21e65503674631
Message ID: <9509291841.AA29412@zorch.w3.org>
Reply To: <199509290659.XAA09185@ix7.ix.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-09-29 18:41:12 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 29 Sep 95 11:41:12 PDT

Raw message

From: hallam@w3.org
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 95 11:41:12 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Netscpae & Fortezza (Or, say it Ain't so, Jeff?)

>I for one am against any kind of GAK on moral grounds.  I also think
>that trying to implement mandatory GAK in a software only system
>would be a nightmare.

If people care to look at my very old Shen work they will see a key
escrow facility. This was installed becase as a network administrator
at a sensitive site.

I'm a big fan of key escrow. I just don't think I should be forced to
use it on a public network by a government. I need the ability to secure
internal channels inside certain sites however. I don't think I want the
Whitehouse running with each staffer providing their own personal encryption
system.

	Phill.

Thread