1995-09-19 - Re: Investing on Information We Get Here

Header Data

From: Thomas Grant Edwards <tedwards@Glue.umd.edu>
To: “Timothy C. May” <tcmay@got.net>
Message Hash: 57c30a61a90172512cb33646f663e47a41757a78e5d3a6907313d32ef2b4813f
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.950919161828.8469I-100000@hertz.isr.umd.edu>
Reply To: <ac843ff11a021004a43e@[205.199.118.202]>
UTC Datetime: 1995-09-19 20:24:15 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 19 Sep 95 13:24:15 PDT

Raw message

From: Thomas Grant Edwards <tedwards@Glue.umd.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 95 13:24:15 PDT
To: "Timothy C. May" <tcmay@got.net>
Subject: Re: Investing on Information We Get Here

On Tue, 19 Sep 1995, Timothy C. May wrote:

> P.S. On Netscape, I've finally decided to do some buying. Sure, this latest
> flaw is another embarrassment. But more deals and link-ups than ever are
> being inked, and they've got the resources to really spruce up Navigator
> and related products. I just don't see too many competitors on the horizon.

Let's not forget that Netscape is the biggest and best boon to the
internet I've ever seen.  It is selling more bandwith, servers, and
dial-up IP than anything that has come down the road.  It is enabling
people to put even more info on the net, and I love it!

Of course, that is why it was targetted for the 40-bit RC4 crack, its
immense popularity.  The total bogosity of 40-bit keys is now pretty
apparent, and it is helping moves to 64-bit export, and perhaps beyond.

-Thomas

Thread