1995-09-07 - Why Key Escrow (GAK) is So Bad

Header Data

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 675069ad7f729e4ff261cbec91a074410a6c8cc5bce14202d0bffb056f7959fb
Message ID: <ac747c2227021004cc7a@[205.199.118.202]>
Raw Date: Thu, 7 Sep 95 10:34:48 PDT

Raw message

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 95 10:34:48 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Why Key Escrow (GAK) is So Bad

I wrote:

made for communications escrow. Lots of crimes would be solved, and even OJ
might be convicted, if a court could order the "position escrow" files
opened. So what? That's now what a free society is about.

This last line has a typo. What I meant to say was:

"That's not what a free society is about."

Normally I don't post minor corrections, but this one needs correcting.

--Tim