1995-09-16 - Re: Commercial Mixmaster (was Re: Mixmaster status)

Header Data

From: nelson@crynwr.com (Russell Nelson)
To: mix-l@jpunix.com
Message Hash: 67c919c7f208c74add7802a7afaac9220ff39f809bd893e3df810f0f229a9f5f
Message ID: <m0stmFJ-000H93C@ns.crynwr.com>
Reply To: <9509151948.AA27938@cs.umass.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1995-09-16 01:41:07 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 15 Sep 95 18:41:07 PDT

Raw message

From: nelson@crynwr.com (Russell Nelson)
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 95 18:41:07 PDT
To: mix-l@jpunix.com
Subject: Re: Commercial Mixmaster (was Re: Mixmaster status)

   Date: Fri, 15 Sep 1995 15:48:14 -0400 (EDT)
   From: futplex@pseudonym.com (Futplex)

   Lance Cottrell writes:
   > 4) There will always be a free version of the client with source code.

   Beyond taking Lance on his PGP-signed-word, which I'm strongly inclined to do,
   I suspect he may not have much legal leeway in this regard.

There *will* always be a free version of the client with source code,
but the proprietary improvements will probably not be merged into the
free version.  Lance, and only Lance, as copyright holder, has the
publish the code under a different copyright.  It's the same thing
that Phil Z. did with ViacryptPGP.

--
-russ <nelson@crynwr.com>    http://www.crynwr.com/~nelson
Crynwr Software   | Crynwr Software sells packet driver support | PGP ok

Thread