1995-09-18 - Joe Sixpack and his TV

Header Data

From: s675570@aix2.uottawa.ca
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 6e0b74d3cdb49e2d142af81423483ebbcf2bcddf67096d2e597e7641b522fbdd
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9509172041.B83388-0100000@aix2.uottawa.ca>
Raw Date: Sun, 17 Sep 95 17:37:11 PDT

Raw message

From: s675570@aix2.uottawa.ca
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 95 17:37:11 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Joe Sixpack and his TV

If Mr. & Mrs J. Sixpack seem to know zilch at present about strong or any
other other kind of crypto, would it maybe, possibly have to do with a lack
of exposure to it on the soap operas of their favorite media, ie TV? Hmmm.

The general level of paranoia on X-Files (100 milion viewers all over the
world, rabid internet following) is even higher than on this list, and
the usual discussions on this list would read like a free vacation to their
scriptwriters and researchers. Anyone have any scriptwriting skills?
100 million potential subscribers to toad are stake... (Yes I guess then
we'd have to move to usenet distribution. But think how entertaining our
flames wars would become. Yes I'm definitely calling for it, and the big
house with the hot tub would be nice too. Only half joking. Honestly though,
anyone want to find out their email addreses and send out a gratis
subscription to toad? A script would be nice too. It's better exposure
than five seconds of Tim with Connie Chung.)

Thread