1995-09-21 - Re: netscape bug

Header Data

From: Laurent Demailly <dl@hplyot.obspm.fr>
To: “Vladimir Z. Nuri” <vznuri@netcom.com>
Message Hash: 6f37ed9b2485bef681aa74e12946a43cd1e150029116f9685757648dedc1b435
Message ID: <9509210259.AA09589@hplyot.obspm.fr>
Reply To: <199509201855.LAA17261@netcom16.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-09-21 03:48:09 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 20 Sep 95 20:48:09 PDT

Raw message

From: Laurent Demailly <dl@hplyot.obspm.fr>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 95 20:48:09 PDT
To: "Vladimir Z. Nuri" <vznuri@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: netscape bug

Vladimir Z. Nuri writes:
[... some good points and other less good (imo) deleted ...]

[.... netscape is good for us stuff ....]
 > Netscape is a world class product, and it's *free*. on this cypherpunks
 > list, I have seen no end to the venemous criticisms that people level at
 > *free* products, which IMHO is quite tasteless at times.

FYI Netscape IS NOT FREE, at all. re-read the Licence that you shall
read before clicking <Ok>. (though it is not a problem in itself (helas
ppl must work for a living and sell stuff), apart from the unsecurity
through obscurity which is often a result of commercial products)

[.... netscape is good for us stuff ....]
 > it reminds me of how much people here rant at Microsoft when
 > virtually no other company on the planet could pull off what they make
 > look easy (ah, that's another story I've filled up other posts with).

Duh ... I would'nt have insulted Netscape by quoting Micro$oft in the
same post ;-) (half joking)

[.... netscape is good for us stuff ....]

dl
--
Laurent Demailly * http://hplyot.obspm.fr/~dl/ * Linux|PGP|Gnu|Tcl|...  Freedom
Prime#1: cent cinq mille cent cinq milliards cent cinq mille cent soixante sept

Qaddafi hack fissionable munitions terrorist Saddam Hussein Clinton

Thread