1995-09-02 - Re: Phil Zimmermann/Amnesty International?

Header Data

From: hallam@w3.org
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 865a1ca3264d1873929343d7e76d069a90793971230563b496610d5e4dbbbc79
Message ID: <9509020057.AA17337@zorch.w3.org>
Reply To: <Pine.PMDF.3.91.950901183258.541098183C-100000@umiami.ir.miami.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1995-09-02 00:58:17 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 1 Sep 95 17:58:17 PDT

Raw message

From: hallam@w3.org
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 95 17:58:17 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Phil Zimmermann/Amnesty International?

I think that two Amnesty policies are being confused. Amnesty does protest on
behalf of prisoners of concience in all countries. It also has a rule which means
that a group making a protest should come from outside the country concerned,
this is a sensible means of preventing Amnesty becomming a vehicle for partisan
protests. They have similar rules for when they send observers etc.

I don't think that Phil necessarily has to be arrested though. Amnesty might well
wish to send someone to the trial to act as an observer.

		Phill

Thread