1995-09-04 - Re: NSA says Joe Sixpack won’t buy crypto

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@piermont.com>
To: Alan Horowitz <alanh@infi.net>
Message Hash: 8f0d7127d00b27d6a1538d0d5dbb59d0bcefe3b8283f4d937184f4872ba3edfe
Message ID: <199509041358.JAA03311@frankenstein.piermont.com>
Reply To: <Pine.SV4.3.91.950903215715.6268B-100000@larry.infi.net>
UTC Datetime: 1995-09-04 13:59:09 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 4 Sep 95 06:59:09 PDT

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 95 06:59:09 PDT
To: Alan Horowitz <alanh@infi.net>
Subject: Re: NSA says Joe Sixpack won't buy crypto

I'm not sure I see the words "cryptography" or any related to them
here. It might be an interesting topic, but it probably isn't
cypherpunks material.

.pm

Alan Horowitz writes:
> "Just cough up the peace dividend".
>
> There is no ppeace dividend. There is a massive eco-spill of government
> debt;  quite possibly larger than the GNP capacity of the American
> economy to repay anytime in the next century.
>
> The debt will be bankrupted, in some stealthy manner, hidden by masses of
> smoke and mirrors. Nothing new here - it's  about the only thing that
> works. For the mosrt recent examples, read up on FDR's confiscation of
> gold in (?) 1933.  Or read the detrails of the currency changeover
> effected by the occupation authorities in Germany (1947 or 1948).
>
> Alan Horowitz
> alanh@infi.net

Thread