1995-09-17 - Re: Anonymous WWW proxies

Header Data

From: Laurent Demailly <dl@hplyot.obspm.fr>
To: Aleph One <aleph1@dfw.net>
Message Hash: c08233195d89ecbbeab70cdaed12347f61bf264fcbab132af894bf7077c1501b
Message ID: <9509171010.AA11011@hplyot.obspm.fr>
Reply To: <9509162347.AA09904@hplyot.obspm.fr>
UTC Datetime: 1995-09-17 10:11:09 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 17 Sep 95 03:11:09 PDT

Raw message

From: Laurent Demailly <dl@hplyot.obspm.fr>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 95 03:11:09 PDT
To: Aleph One <aleph1@dfw.net>
Subject: Re: Anonymous WWW proxies

Aleph One writes:
 > Whats the problem of using CERN in proxy mode? You can even set it up do
 > to chaining.
The chaining is not dynamic (but its is maybe patcheable) ?
I don't think there is support for encryption (ssl patches maybe?) ?
Also, CERN httpd is a huge thing, maybe some smaller proxy would
do...
My development is/could be based on my httpd, but simplified... I'll
have a look at standalone already existing proxies before reinventing
the wheel...

Regards
dl

--
Laurent Demailly * http://hplyot.obspm.fr/~dl/ * Linux|PGP|Gnu|Tcl|...  Freedom
Prime#1: cent cinq mille cent cinq milliards cent cinq mille cent soixante sept

Thread