1995-09-12 - Payment Systems

Header Data

From: rah@shipwright.com (Robert Hettinga)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: c0c4c543c53b07e60fdf238d90cf2b5538771cd1f880d52686d32095424fba00
Message ID: <v02120d01ac7b76984c67@[199.0.65.105]>
Raw Date: Tue, 12 Sep 95 10:54:49 PDT

Raw message

From: rah@shipwright.com (Robert Hettinga)
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 95 10:54:49 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Payment Systems

--- begin forwarded text

From: "John Hemming CEO MarketNet"  <JohnHemming@mkn.co.uk>
Date:  Tue, 12 Sep 1995 15:38:00 PM PDT
To: www-buyinfo@allegra.att.com

For the edification of those concerned we have issued our first
Electronic Cheque today.

The browser now has been tested linking signed instructions
directly to the web.  The browser, however, is still being developed
to resolve the problems with shortage of space in Windoze DGROUP.

There is a copy of the browser at
ftp://193.119.26.70/mktnet/pub/echeque.zip  (or something
similar) we would recommend waiting a while before you take it
however and to take the horse.zip as well because of the DGROUP
issue).

The only form that will accept Echeques at the moment is
http://193.118.187.107/load ordflow

The trick in this form (if you are using our browser) is that it allows
payment either by ECheque or by credit card and only generates the
signed instruction for echeques.  The signed instruction is then
sent to our servers encrypted with 128 bit RC4.

ttfn
John

--- end forwarded text

Robert Hettinga (rah@shipwright.com)
Shipwright Development Corporation, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131
USA (617) 323-7923
"Reality is not optional." --Thomas Sowell

Thread