1995-09-07 - Re: GAK

Header Data

From: duncan@hasp.com (Duncan J Watson)
To: Brian Davis <bdavis@thepoint.net>
Message Hash: d09e6cba9af525ac68e9650373d150e0530e9e5ee309a85393b5c9c0cb7343a2
Message ID: <9509071332.ZM124@titan.hasp.com>
Reply To: <Pine.D-G.3.91.950903212120.8430B-100000@dg.thepoint.net>
UTC Datetime: 1995-09-07 17:29:21 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 7 Sep 95 10:29:21 PDT

Raw message

From: duncan@hasp.com (Duncan J Watson)
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 95 10:29:21 PDT
To: Brian Davis <bdavis@thepoint.net>
Subject: Re: GAK

Brian,

Your question is very hard to answer as poised.  How is access granted?  To
whom?  In what period of time?, etc.

The details are very important here as this is a very detail-oriented list.
Also the details of implementation are where you may find the objections.
Many plans sound grand when loosely described but fail due to small details.

My personal belief is that any mandatory key escrow system will be open to
abuse by authority figures.  A solidly implemented key escrow service operated
by smart privacy oriented private firms would have benifit corperations and
others engaged in cooperative development or other cooperative operations.
Key escrow would keep the accountants and lawyers happy.

Just my $0.02.
djw

On Sep 3,  9:25pm, Brian Davis wrote:
> Subject: Re: GAK
[stuff deleted]

--
Duncan J Watson                            Email:Duncan@hasp.com
Tech Support Manager/Sys Admin             Ph#:  +1 212 564 5678

Thread