1995-09-08 - Re: Privacy book list

Header Data

From: “Richard P. Klau” <KLAURICH@uofrlaw.urich.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: e2194d20bb95e80c6a77c3bb54a256b3a115b0b5508398a5d48c77112c2a0e2b
Message ID: <2A82FB42074@UOFRLAW.URICH.EDU>
Raw Date: Fri, 8 Sep 95 15:00:50 PDT

Raw message

From: "Richard P. Klau" <KLAURICH@uofrlaw.urich.edu>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 95 15:00:50 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Privacy book list

> I got a letter in the mail today from Plenum Publishing Corp in NY,
> advertising a book called _Mind Your Own Business: The Battle for
> Personal Privacy_ by Gini Graham Scott.  It seems I am on a
> mailing list for privacy freaks.  Oh the irony!
>
> They must have gotten my name from somewhere.  The only two sources that
> I can think of are the lists for CFP '94 and '95, and a
> revolver club that I used to be a member of.  Has anyone else on the
> list gotten this ad?

I got the ad (and a subsequent review copy, upon request) after we
published the first issue of the Journal of Law & Technology on the
web.  It appears that they got my name, and address, from the web
(both are displayed in the "Contacting the Journal" page).

I haven't had much time to read the book, but my recollection is that
it is somewhat misguided in its analysis of privacy online.  Its
historical perspective is fairly thorough, however.

--Rick Klau

---------
Richard P. Klau (3L)  //  klaurich@uofrlaw.urich.edu
Editor in Chief, Richmond Journal of Law & Technology
         http://www.urich.edu/~jolt/

Thread