1995-09-06 - Re: Collection of personal info

Header Data

From: Rob Lowry <robl@on-ramp.ior.com>
To: “Timothy C. May” <tcmay@got.net>
Message Hash: e8b26b68648e3a340f977a765d820c046a9403ea5479ebb7d346157672ef3cf2
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.91.950906163311.6403B-100000@on-ramp.ior.com>
Reply To: <ac737a2b1b0210043115@[205.199.118.202]>
UTC Datetime: 1995-09-06 23:37:53 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 6 Sep 95 16:37:53 PDT

Raw message

From: Rob Lowry <robl@on-ramp.ior.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 95 16:37:53 PDT
To: "Timothy C. May" <tcmay@got.net>
Subject: Re: Collection of personal info

> Rob, I have entered this posting of yours into the "BlackNet Dossier
> Service" I operate.

At least you notified me.. :) Something the TRW crew or others like them
do not do.

> If someone doesn't want their postings going into my 220 megabyte file of
> postings, they shouldn't send them to me. Or they should adopt a digital
> pseudonym, unlinkable to their True Name or any other nyms they may have.

This is true.. I could adopt a nym, such as I use on my BBS, or when I am
doing other stuff on the net.. but it is difficult at best to get a new
set of credit cards, ID and so on with a new name/alias and still
maintain your own name. If it were possible to have an alias in real
life, as easy as it is to get one on the 'net that is, then I would most
certainly do so..

'Frothmonger' <g>

Thread