1995-09-20 - Re: Anonymous WWW proxies

Header Data

From: “James Caldwell” <jcaldwel@iquest.net>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: ee78f0cc7bbb32fd90d025848f87ab21ab3106122af35ecc6fd34a0630c675c6
Message ID: <m0svEWz-00064DC@dorite1.iquest.net>
Raw Date: Tue, 19 Sep 95 19:07:17 PDT

Raw message

From: "James Caldwell" <jcaldwel@iquest.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 95 19:07:17 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Anonymous WWW proxies

On 17 Sep 95 at 11:24, Aleph One wrote:

> Points taken. But I belive the are (or will be patches) for CERN to
> d SSL. Check the SSLeay ssl-user mailing list.

> While we talking abut anonymous proxies. I always wanted to set up
> an IP anonymous proxie using Linux IP tunnel and maybe also IP
> Masquareding. This would allow people to have anonymous Web Servers,
> etc. (But as anything it would probably be abused for hacking, etc
> at no end). Any commments?

You can add a bit of protection for yourself to this, just some way
of preventing the unwanted from using the service and terminating
abusers.

Thread