1995-09-08 - Re: Hacking banking (fwd)

Header Data

From: Andrew Loewenstern <andrew_loewenstern@il.us.swissbank.com>
To: Brad Dolan <bdolan@use.usit.net>
Message Hash: f66faf0d171f797a2bd1acfa1e2fb4368528690e10037bc121d68670669ae476
Message ID: <9509081735.AA03442@ch1d157nwk>
Raw Date: Fri, 8 Sep 95 10:35:59 PDT

Raw message

From: Andrew Loewenstern <andrew_loewenstern@il.us.swissbank.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 95 10:35:59 PDT
To: Brad Dolan <bdolan@use.usit.net>
Subject: Re: Hacking banking (fwd)

David Weisner writes, in a message forwarded by Brad Dolan:
>  "Already, Fuentes said, federal authorities in New York are
>  investigating whether programmers hired to write software for a
>  financial institution may have left a 'back door' open in the
>  program, one through which money may have been diverted to foreign
>  bank accounts."
>  Does anyone know what this federal investigation in New York is
>  about?   How about copying this note around and seeing what people
>  can find out?

Perhaps this is related to the recent Citicorp (Citibank?  I have trouble
keeping up...) job done by the people in Russia?

andrew

Thread