1995-10-24 - Re: Verification of Registration

Header Data

From: Scott Brickner <sjb@universe.digex.net>
To: x85849i1@cadet1.usma.edu
Message Hash: 09ffd0841c793b22d991d5c89f108da4a188f0bd253df425a7989c72ed68d746
Message ID: <199510241909.PAA03898@universe.digex.net>
Reply To: <9510241456.AA25959@trotter.usma.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1995-10-24 19:10:25 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 24 Oct 95 12:10:25 PDT

Raw message

From: Scott Brickner <sjb@universe.digex.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 95 12:10:25 PDT
To: x85849i1@cadet1.usma.edu
Subject: Re: Verification of Registration

"Raymond Val" writes:
>Lynne L. Harrison writes:
>
>>  Curious.  Did anyone else receive this unsolicitated *invitation*?
>
>Everybody who receives mail from cypherpunks@toad.com received this
>message becuase the message was addressed to
>cypherpunks@toad.com.  Apparently someone may have
>joined this 'group' or service and used the cypherpunks address as
>the e-mail address.  Mayhap the cypherpunks@toad.com / cypherpunks
>userid/password.
>
>This would be my guess, of course.

Mine too.

>Does anybody know what this service does?

C|NET Central is a cable TV show which reports on the 'net.  The
service is their on-line address where you can get more details
on stuff they report.

Doesn't seem to be especially c-punks related, but I guess someone
didn't like the idea of having to reveal his identity just to look
at a web page.  You can probably assume that the password for the
"cypherpunks" userid on the server is either "cypherpunks" or
"writecode".

Thread