1995-10-02 - NT and C2

Header Data

From: Weld Pond <weld@l0pht.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 22a6ac71651f50deb0322a82256468b2282f7e3456464e98688a141d14757744
Message ID: <Pine.BSD/.3.91.951002132703.28404A-100000@l0pht.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 2 Oct 95 10:38:25 PDT

Raw message

From: Weld Pond <weld@l0pht.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 95 10:38:25 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: NT and C2

Here is the URL to an article in Network World by Winn Schwartau
entitled, "One expert shares his views on Microsoft securitey features.

http://www.iquest.net/cgi-bin/gate2?|mmMgT008://bbb.PHDx10.ix0/ibLD1P7i/ExUP0e/A1vxiw.T05smgmRibLD1P7iggyR/D1UgM/ppp/6DYsPv/ibLD1P7i/ExUP0e/ExUP0egMmN1xAUvTgrmNvgmwONgOmyMyYnlXkKCfX,ve8TxU8Di31,nlXk6CllpW,ve8TxU8Di31MRmypd

If you need a username/password try cypherpunks/cypherpunks

Here is an excerpt:

 Since Microsoft Corp. products are usually robust, I was looking
forward to seeing what type of security features the company implemented
in
Windows NT Workstation Version 3.5. But after walking through the system
with Microsoft product managers and developers, I was dismayed to find
how
woefully short on security features Windows NT is.
     Despite the fact that the U.S. government is expected to certify
Windows NT as a secure operating system, Microsoft's first serious
venture
into security is not very impressive. Windows NT may pass muster with the
federal government, but it does not meet the real-world security needs of
corporations running complex, heterogeneous networked environments.

      Weld Pond   -  weld@l0pht.com   -   http://www.l0pht.com/~weld
      L  0  p  h  t    H  e  a  v  y    I  n  d  u  s  t  r  i  e  s
      Technical archives for the people  -  Bio/Electro/Crypto/Radio

Thread