1995-10-19 - Re: MKE Threat Assessments

Header Data

From: futplex@pseudonym.com (Futplex)
Message Hash: 2486c2f29bec4d173f6a9cb42bcb5450467f3c4df95e7c400e9cbfc21f1bbc60
Message ID: <199510191041.GAA07430@opine.cs.umass.edu>
Raw Date: Thu, 19 Oct 95 03:41:46 PDT

Raw message

From: futplex@pseudonym.com (Futplex)
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 95 03:41:46 PDT
Subject: Re: MKE Threat Assessments

[quotes pulled out of context, sorry]
> I also strongly believe that you gravely overestimate the threat of MKE,

I like to think of MKE in terms of a scenario like the Watergate break-in.
Imagine that Haldeman and Dean pull the right strings to get Liddy the
escrowed keys used by the Democratic National Cmte. to encrypt their campaign
plans.

George Bush's favorite millstone, J. Danforth Quayle, seemed to do a
pretty good job of manipulating the legal system when it looked like Brett
Kimberlin wanted to chat with the media about his pot customers. I believe
this sort of abuse is a significant threat.

> [and] probably overestimate the interest LEAs have in your personal affairs,

Ordinarily, I'd say you're right (speaking only for myself). But I suspect
that my active contributions to this list may have put my name in somebody's
Oracle database. (I certainly underestimated the LEAs' interest in Leonard
Bernstein's personal affairs.) What a waste of time and tax dollars !

-Futplex <futplex@pseudonym.com>

Thread