1995-10-23 - Re: Netscape Logic Bomb detailed by IETF

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@piermont.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 381f71f643d803e60d78f454162766c5bb1b07a066e600207c35fc5bdf8b8340
Message ID: <199510231344.JAA04051@jekyll.piermont.com>
Reply To: <199510222108.OAA05412@jobe.shell.portal.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-10-23 13:44:11 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 23 Oct 95 06:44:11 PDT

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 95 06:44:11 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Netscape Logic Bomb detailed by IETF

Mr. Anonymous has a good reason to be anonymous -- he's an annoying
fool.

Yes, Mr. Anonymous, we all know postscript is dangerous. Thank you for
this stunning revelation. We've read the IETF documents before, and
some of us even helped write them.

anonymous-remailer@shell.portal.com writes:
> Clearly, someone has a vested interest which they are expending a
> great deal of effort to protect.  My email to Netscape detailing their
> logic bomb has gone unanswered, and unacknowledged for ten days now.

Maybe because you're an idiot and they don't feel that its necessary
to answer. What more need be said?

Those of us who care run our postscript interpreters with all the
dangerous commands stripped out, but given that Netscape doesn't
supply postscript interpreters, its not really their fault or
problem.

Perry

Thread