1995-10-24 - Mark Twain Bank (was: Anonymity: A Modest Proposal) (fwd)

Header Data

From: sameer <sameer@c2.org>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 44fb477765c407d4b06b0b569c5d54acf2e13da8159852be28e854522e346ce4
Message ID: <199510240222.TAA03524@infinity.c2.org>
Raw Date: Mon, 23 Oct 95 19:28:14 PDT

Raw message

From: sameer <sameer@c2.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 95 19:28:14 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Mark Twain Bank (was: Anonymity: A Modest Proposal) (fwd)

> pretty steep for someone wanting to spend $.10 on something.) My
> understanding is that the _bank account_ is FDIC insured, but not
> the ECash. I could be wrong -- their materials are extremely confusing
> and hard to follow.

	My understanding is that the accounts are "WorldCurrency
Access" accounts-- which appear to be Money Market funds, which can be
denominated in one of 25 currencies. (Ecash-linked accounts must be
denominated in dollars.) Being a money market fund, a positive return
is -not- guaranteed, and it is not FDIC insured. It is an "investment"
account, not a "savings" account. (That is my understanding, which
could very well be flawed.)

	Does anyone understand their non-merchant pricing structure?
It had me very confused. Also, what is the difference between a
merchant and a non-merchant. I saw nothing on the pages describing
that. Suppose Community ConneXion wanted to accept ecash. Could we get
a non-merchant account?

--
sameer						Voice:   510-601-9777
Community ConneXion				FAX:	 510-601-9734

Thread