1995-10-04 - Re: `Hack Microsoft’ challenge is NYT Computer News Daily’s top story

Header Data

From: MIGUELDIAZ@megaweb.com ()
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 4812019915161a0bd1532bd884cd428c64e4feb33c06b07fc77e6b543fd60a8d
Message ID: <199510041836.OAA08014@mail-e1a.megaweb.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 4 Oct 95 11:38:52 PDT

Raw message

From: MIGUELDIAZ@megaweb.com ()
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 95 11:38:52 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: `Hack Microsoft' challenge is NYT Computer News Daily's top story

>MIGUEL DIAZ writes:
>> I don't know about everyone else, but a T-shirt seems a
> very
>> small reward for uncovering a "hole" in the encryption
>> algorithm of Microsoft products.
>
>I don't know about anyone else, but helping to protect the
> confidential data
>of millions of users around the world seems a very large
> reward for
>uncovering a hole in the encryption algorithms of M$
> products.
>
>Clearly, YMMV.
>
>-Futplex <futplex@pseudonym.com>

If it means protection only when using a proprietary product
owned by Microsoft then no, I still don't see it as much of a
reward.  If we are talking a system which can be used by
everyone at no cost, then yes that would be motivating.

Thread