1995-10-16 - Illegally canceled articles on Microsoft Security Bugs

Header Data

From: anonymous@replay.com (Nobody in particular)
To: hackmsoft@c2.org
Message Hash: 4adafd4fa6405e7d27d7f63478db36ac335155d05857e768b195c1340b9148b4
Message ID: <199510160231.TAA10813@Networking.Stanford.EDU>
Reply To: <llurch-1510951157410001@tip-mp3-ncs-3.stanford.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1995-10-16 02:31:47 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 15 Oct 95 19:31:47 PDT

Raw message

From: anonymous@replay.com (Nobody in particular)
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 95 19:31:47 PDT
To: hackmsoft@c2.org
Subject: Illegally canceled articles on Microsoft Security Bugs

(A copy of this message has also been posted to the following newsgroups:
alt.security,
comp.os.ms-windows.apps.misc,comp.os.ms-windows.win95.misc,alt.religion.scientology,news.admin.net-abuse.misc,comp.protocols.smb,comp.os.ms-windows.advicacy,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.tcp-ip)

I will be charitable and assume that it was someone else I've pissed off
(lord knows there's several), and not someone working directly for
Microsoft or the Church [spit] of Scientology, who were both maligned in
the canceled posts.

In article <petrichDGID4I.5GG@netcom.com>, petrich@netcom.com (Loren
Petrich) wrote:
> Newsgroups:
> alt.security,comp.os.ms-windows.apps.misc,comp.os.ms-windows.win95.misc
> From: petrich@netcom.com (Loren Petrich)
> Subject: Re: More Microsoft Security Bugs
> Date: Sun, 15 Oct 1995 21:02:42 GMT
> Sender: petrich@netcom2.netcom.com
> comp.os.ms-windows.apps.misc:13757 comp.os.ms-windows.win95.misc:38436
>         My favorite example of such a bug is in BOB's password protection.
> If you mistype it 3 times, it will ask if you want another one. The only
> defender of this "feature" has been -- get this -- JoanieDearest (at
> least if memory serves me correctly).
> --
> Loren Petrich                           Happiness is a fast Macintosh
> petrich@netcom.com                      And a fast train
> Visit my ftp site; its address is (in WWW syntax):
> ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/pe/petrich

Thread