1995-10-19 - Re: airport security

Header Data

From: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
To: “Bob Bruen, MIT Lab for Nuclear Science” <BRUEN@mitlns.mit.edu>
Message Hash: 63a73dd5947e94ac9047ed6a731cf5844004737e63b66626fb232ff679c18f85
Message ID: <199510191813.OAA13695@panix.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 19 Oct 95 11:14:26 PDT

Raw message

From: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 95 11:14:26 PDT
To: "Bob Bruen, MIT Lab for Nuclear Science" <BRUEN@mitlns.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: airport security

At 07:16 AM 10/19/95 -0400, Bob Bruen, MIT Lab for Nuclear Science wrote:

>   Without actually agreeing with the FAA, the reason you can't have a name
>   other than your own on your ticket, as well as why you are required to
>   be in your assigned seat on take-off and landing is because if there is
>   a plane crash, they need to be able to identify an otherwise difficult
>   to identify body. This does have some relevance to airport security if
>   a plane is blown up.

So, since planes were much more likely to crash in 1957 then they are now,
I suppose that you *really* must have had to prove your identity to get on a
plane in those days.

DCF

"Who wonders who's going to blow away the Gremlins eating the engines of
*today's* planes since the passengers have been disarmed."  Too much Outer
Limits/Twilight Zone/Science Fiction Theater as a kid.

Thread