1995-10-13 - Re: Insecurity Section of the Internet Handbook

Header Data

From: Nathan Loofbourrow <loofbour@cis.ohio-state.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 84245c527e177424785b9b5f4c276e3153d82380f673ac9c23af4339bee8b2d5
Message ID: <199510131547.LAA23036@hammond.cis.ohio-state.edu>
Reply To: <199510131209.NAA20556@utopia.hacktic.nl>
UTC Datetime: 1995-10-13 15:48:07 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 13 Oct 95 08:48:07 PDT

Raw message

From: Nathan Loofbourrow <loofbour@cis.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 95 08:48:07 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Insecurity Section of the Internet Handbook

nobody@replay.com writes:
 > For zoetrope, and others curious about the Insecurity
 > section of the Internet Handbook, we pass along this
 > Yellow Pages advert-insert comp sec teaser from
 > SAIC -- with only dribbles of cryptography. The puffery
 > appears to be artfully fattened and out-of-date. Like most
 > security porkers, SAIC sells its nitrated sec services
 > dearly (security by deep pockets of the fearful engorgers)
 > while feigning Net public-spirit to mask IP search and
 > steal. In a telling slight, SAIC does not cite outturned-
 > pockets, beef jerky Cypherpunks.

Anonymous remailers are great, but I'm not sure how much good they do
if you have (or, I suppose, you are a brilliant imitator of) the
unmistakeable writing style of John Young.

nathan

Thread