1995-10-24 - Re: Sun speaks out - but not to the cypherpunks

Header Data

From: todd@lgt.com (Todd Glassey)
To: daw@lagos.CS.Berkeley.EDU (David A Wagner)
Message Hash: 8f039d1b9d5ee80afc4e6738fa5a4c95a2fd2d4ca1e3e955663445d7f2c9e474
Message ID: <v02110104acb2f2b8513a@[204.156.156.4]>
Raw Date: Tue, 24 Oct 95 12:54:37 PDT

Raw message

From: todd@lgt.com (Todd Glassey)
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 95 12:54:37 PDT
To: daw@lagos.CS.Berkeley.EDU (David A Wagner)
Subject: Re: Sun speaks out - but not to the cypherpunks

Sorry abopt the above flame-war I caused.

My point was almost benign in and of itself. Yes, the Java concept is
sound, No, the currently available implementation has some real
architectural considerations that must be addressed in order that we can
build a stable and secure platform atop it.

My real issue is that there is so much time spent on this list knocking the
individual spokes that make up this wheel we call Electronic Commerce, that
it is more and more costly to filter out the technology from the background
noise. Still because of the value of that technology, I and others are
forced to spend precious hours reviewing all that comes across our desks.

Bluntly being an active member of several Security and Payment Mechanism
working groups I view some 150+ pieces of email a day and sometimes get
frustrated by the amount of noise, or the roar in the background, about
what are to the largest percentage of us, meaningless dribble... Still
there is the occaisional golden nugget that makes it all worth while..

Again My apologies to have stirred up this mess. I will retreat under my
desktop from the mele' that seems to be unending.

Todd

Regards,

T. S. Glassey
Chief Technologist