1995-10-14 - Re: Netscape rewards are an insult

Header Data

From: Henry Wertz <hwertz@exclusive.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 9373e963d61da10bd470dc013e2a2b62b2388335625da52a4524ee6d1e562357
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.91.951014104533.30092A-100000@henry.henry.net>
Reply To: <9510141153.AA16412@all.net>
UTC Datetime: 1995-10-14 15:47:12 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 14 Oct 95 08:47:12 PDT

Raw message

From: Henry Wertz <hwertz@exclusive.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 95 08:47:12 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Netscape rewards are an insult

On Sat, 14 Oct 1995, Dr. Frederick B. Cohen wrote:

> 	The idea that Netscape (like Microsoft) thinks they can get free
> testing services from all over the net by real experts just by offerring
> a tee shirt is down right offensive.
>
> 	I have a better idea.  How about an open market in break-in
> software.  We crack Netscape and offer the crack code to the highest
> bidder.  Bids start at US$25K per hole.  For the insult, Netscape has to
> outbid the competition by a factor of 2 to get the details of the hole.
> Here's how it works:
*cut*
     You know, this all seems kind of greedy to me.. It used to be people
would find holes for *fun* and not for profit.  It's still possible to do
that you know 8-).

Thread