1995-10-14 - Re: Netscape rewards are an insult

Header Data

From: Laurent Demailly <dl@hplyot.obspm.fr>
To: fc@all.net (Dr. Frederick B. Cohen)
Message Hash: 9910f4357163138dbea78891e8a0e09f7539d1d50acd1214b77240ccecc1a3b9
Message ID: <9510141605.AA03487@hplyot.obspm.fr>
Reply To: <9510141153.AA16412@all.net>
UTC Datetime: 1995-10-14 16:06:02 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 14 Oct 95 09:06:02 PDT

Raw message

From: Laurent Demailly <dl@hplyot.obspm.fr>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 95 09:06:02 PDT
To: fc@all.net (Dr. Frederick B. Cohen)
Subject: Re: Netscape rewards are an insult

Frederick B. Cohen writes:
 > 	The idea that Netscape (like Microsoft) thinks they can get free
 > testing services from all over the net by real experts just by offerring
 > a tee shirt is down right offensive.
[...$25k...]

They always did that, without even giving away T-shirt since they
released the first beta version to world. As long as people enjoy
playing for free with a product and give feed back and see the program
improved... why would it stop ?
Personally, though I prefer free products (but ppl have to get some
money for a living....), I think it is not that bad an idea, and
I trust lot of people will continue to do it for the fun of it {As
long as the company is *really* listening to reports....}

dl
--
Laurent Demailly * http://hplyot.obspm.fr/~dl/ * Linux|PGP|Gnu|Tcl|...  Freedom
Prime#1: cent cinq mille cent cinq milliards cent cinq mille cent soixante sept

cryptographic arrangements Ortega South Africa SDI plutonium CIA

Thread