1995-10-01 - Re: WHERE did this [NOISE] come from?

Header Data

From: Alan Olsen <alano@teleport.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: a3b0dbd469620f0fd86a4cbaf2b29d7c2d8fb70dad5caa9538c1bad7ee99504f
Message ID: <199510011925.MAA17193@desiree.teleport.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 1 Oct 95 12:25:51 PDT

Raw message

From: Alan Olsen <alano@teleport.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 95 12:25:51 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: WHERE did this [NOISE] come from?

At 10:38 PM 9/30/95 GMT, you wrote:
>Attatched to this is, (I hope), the header text from a unsolicited e-mail
>message I received.  The return address does not work.  WHY? How can I
>inform the sender that I hope to never receive there material again?
>
>I tried "reply-all" through Eudora, but my reply got bounced back to me
>as undeliverable.
>
>I have removed the content of the original message. I don't know why it
>was sent to me, but it contained material that I found offensive.
>
>Any help, or words of wisdom and enlightenment would be appreciated.
>Information would be nice too.

Well, at the bottom of the post, it listed contact info at:

>National Alliance can also be reached at:
>
>WORLD WIDE WEB: http://www.natvan.com (if unavailable, try our ftp site)
>FTP SITE: ftp.netcom.com, path /pub/NA/NA

(I find it funny that they go through the trouble of forging an e-mail
address yet they give ftp and web sites at the end of the page.)

Hopefully that bit of targeting information will be of some use...
|             Visualize whirled keys              | alano@teleport.com   |
|"It's only half a keyserver. I had to split the  | Disclaimer:          |
|other half with the government man." - Black Art | Ignore the man       |
|   -- PGP 2.6.2 key available on request --      |  behind the keyboard.|
|         http://www.teleport.com/~alano          |       <fnord>        |

Thread