1995-10-16 - RE: robo remailerRE: robo remailer

Header Data

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
To: remailer-operators@c2.org
Message Hash: a6bd9e2e178334f8bd7cd00850e239bd3136cf9e28370c39b907849cf880ef14
Message ID: <199510160740.IAA01621@utopia.hacktic.nl>
Reply To: <199510142157.WAA25454@utopia.hacktic.nl>
UTC Datetime: 1995-10-16 07:40:35 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 16 Oct 95 00:40:35 PDT

Raw message

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 95 00:40:35 PDT
To: remailer-operators@c2.org
Subject: RE: robo remailerRE: robo remailer

nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous) wrote:

> Is the remailer "robo@c2.org" a PGP remailer?
> In the remailer-list, it is not listed as such and yet it has a
> public PGP key (dated 5/7/95)?  Also, is it robo or ROBO, or
> doesn't the case matter?

From what I heard last week, the remailer operator's account at
c2.org expired and was cancelled, thus the remailer is down.
Previously, it had been a full-fledged cypherpunk-type remailer,
with Type II (Mixmaster) capabilities, to boot.

Such are the uncertainties of using remailers.  What would have been
nice, of course, would have been for Sameer (sameer@c2.org), or
whoever runs Community Conexxion, to post a bulletin here giving
everyone a few days' notice before pulling the plug on this
remailer.  Undoubtedly, people are still chaining through it and
wondering why their messages/posts are not showing up.

NOTE:  People with anon reply blocks from alpha.c2.org that chained
through robo need to replace them, or risk lost messages!

Thread