1995-10-22 - BlackNet in “Hardware”

Header Data

From: Jim Gillogly <jim@rand.org>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: caff50f3f964c28af0d186a257fb2d19103a70f103ed58af61b174371c7c7da5
Message ID: <199510221650.JAA07758@mycroft.rand.org>
Raw Date: Sun, 22 Oct 95 09:50:44 PDT

Raw message

From: Jim Gillogly <jim@rand.org>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 95 09:50:44 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: BlackNet in "Hardware"

I just bought "Hardware" (Delacorte Press, 1995) by Linda Barnes, one of
my favorite mystery authors, and experienced a startled frisson when I saw
that at least a couple of subscribers had their work immortalized:
Tim's "Invitation to BlackNet" is the opening quote, and the date given is
for L.'s widespread Usenet spam of Feb '94.

No book report here, but it was as gripping as the rest of her efforts.
It's "about" people rather than computer hackery, but the computery bits
were done quite well.  Does an Amiga 2000 <really> have PC and Mac
compatibility options?  I don't know, and it doesn't matter anyway.

	Jim Gillogly
	1 Blotmath S.R. 1995, 16:48

Thread