1995-10-12 - Re: Elementrix Press Release

Header Data

From: s1018954@aix2.uottawa.ca
To: jirib@cs.monash.edu.au
Message Hash: d3f43f9a7d463226aa5ff9721250eb7de0a28eb23b0d7cb68b01dc44dcd5f7c7
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9510112226.A75036-0100000@aix2.uottawa.ca>
Reply To: <199510120222.MAA13959@sweeney.cs.monash.edu.au>
UTC Datetime: 1995-10-12 03:08:17 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 11 Oct 95 20:08:17 PDT

Raw message

From: s1018954@aix2.uottawa.ca
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 95 20:08:17 PDT
To: jirib@cs.monash.edu.au
Subject: Re: Elementrix Press Release

On Thu, 12 Oct 1995, Jiri Baum wrote:

> Still, who knows what surprises QM can provide?
>
> In which case calling it a "telepathic key exchange scheme" might
> be quite appropriate :-)

I don't think that's what was meant. After all, using telepathy as a
secure channel, you'd still need a comm protocol. The last time I checked
protocols and algorithms are one and the same. Since elementrix doesn't use
algorithms, we shouldn't defame them by claiming they've invented secure
telepathy.

Now wouldn't that be interesting to patent?
(One wonders if elementrix employees occasionally indulge in guilty
glances at Knuth and Sedgewick without their bosses' knowledge.)

Thread