1995-10-02 - Re: Crypto APIs

Header Data

From: Matt Blaze <mab@crypto.com>
To: michael shiplett <walrus@ans.net>
Message Hash: d534a3db4d37eeee91481242a78213f89c4152fcc97914ac1f53b76d2fdd8677
Message ID: <199510022110.RAA05985@crypto.com>
Reply To: <199510022054.QAA80371@bugsy.aa.ans.net>
UTC Datetime: 1995-10-02 20:59:33 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 2 Oct 95 13:59:33 PDT

Raw message

From: Matt Blaze <mab@crypto.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 95 13:59:33 PDT
To: michael shiplett <walrus@ans.net>
Subject: Re: Crypto APIs

> "mb" == Matt Blaze <mab@crypto.com> writes:
>
> mb> A couple of weeks ago I attended a meeting at the NATO SHAPE
> mb> Technical Center in the Hague to discuss international
> mb> cryptographic APIs.
>
>   Is there any overlap between this effort and TIS' International
> Cryptography Experiment (ICE)?
>
> michael

Yes.  (ICE, by the way, is funded by ARPA and run by TIS.  Strange notion
of "experiment", given that the result of the "experiment" will be to see
whether the government will allow it.  So one part of DoD is funding TIS
to find out how another part of DoD behaves...)

-matt

Thread