1995-10-04 - Re: Keyserver keyrings

Header Data

From: jgrubs@left.webcasters.com (Jim Grubs (W8GRT))
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: e3bbdf0f473eda50708295cb8f23065ee0038bb68db4a38b91281b25a6f25ada
Message ID: <LBygcD2w165w@left.webcasters.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 4 Oct 95 15:48:58 PDT

Raw message

From: jgrubs@left.webcasters.com (Jim Grubs (W8GRT))
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 95 15:48:58 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Keyserver keyrings

syrinx@c2.org (Syrinx Anonymous Remailer) writes:

> According to 'Derek Atkins':
>
> > The name pgp.mit.edu is now
> > pointing at another machine (which I do not maintain).  For access to
> > the keyring, send email to pgp-public-keys@pgp.mit.edu -- that is the
> > supported method of access.
>
> does anybody out there maintain a current keyring that can be grabbed
> via anon ftp instead? It seems like a waste of time for hundreds of
> users to continually add updates to their own keyrings when the whole
> keyserver ring can be picked up at one time, updates and all? ftp is
> much more convenient than stringing together multiple sections received
> by e-mail.

That's what I did with WS_FTP until they stopped updating it on August 24th.

[Pgpkeys]
HOST=ftp.informatik.uni-hamburg.de
UID=anonymous
LOCDIR=c:\pgp