1995-10-31 - Re: ecash remailer

Header Data

From: “Rev. Mark Grant” <mark@unicorn.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: e9e57261b606cb66cefb28382c3346f7696c6c50a0342ae4703dbc094afad3e3
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9510311704.A11286-0100000@unicorn.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 1 Nov 1995 02:38:17 +0800

Raw message

From: "Rev. Mark Grant" <mark@unicorn.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 1995 02:38:17 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: ecash remailer

On Tue, 31 Oct 1995, Hal wrote:

> Also, I believe in normal use Digicash coins are marked as being for a
> specific recipient.  This is not certain since no details have been
> released.  And apparently it can be worked-around by the spender by
> marking the recipient as just "@" (or some such string).

Yep, it's optional. You can specify the account id of the recipient, in
which case it's encrypted into the ecash message somehow, or you can
leave it blank, in which case anyone can deposit it in their account. Or
at least that's what the DigiCash people told me.

I think it only works that way if you select email payment, when it gives
you a box for the account id to pay to.

	Mark

Thread