1995-10-23 - Re: Anonymity: A Modest Proposal

Header Data

From: futplex@pseudonym.com (Futplex)
Message Hash: ec17aa3c81d05f5d8d1b4c6ada5474633a452be383736e33d6446f38d1bf1b59
Message ID: <199510232248.SAA26502@opine.cs.umass.edu>
Reply To: <acb027040402100417fa@[137.110.24.250]>
UTC Datetime: 1995-10-23 22:58:22 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 23 Oct 95 15:58:22 PDT

Raw message

From: futplex@pseudonym.com (Futplex)
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 95 15:58:22 PDT
Subject: Re: Anonymity: A Modest Proposal

Lance Cottrell writes:
> If all nym servers were standardized to run from the same account name
> (nymserve for example) the remailers could be configured to only deliver
> final hops to addresses with that username.

A detail I missed before: the remailers used in pseudonym reply blocks must
somehow deliver replies to the True Name (verinymous ?) address of the holder
of the pseudonym. I suppose they could all finally be routed to the
pseudonymizer, which would deliver the messages directly to the intended
recipient (holder of the pseudonym).

-Futplex <futplex@pseudonym.com>

Thread