1995-11-22 - Re: Spam the Sign!

Header Data

From: Frank Stuart <fstuart@vetmed.auburn.edu>
To: froomkin@law.miami.edu
Message Hash: 152cca7f0dee06e91bd0f7ccee278803de4250fe0f24f3d47c99cd112e9b9c01
Message ID: <199511221816.MAA13933@snoopy.vetmed.auburn.edu>
Raw Date: Thu, 23 Nov 1995 02:47:39 +0800

Raw message

From: Frank Stuart <fstuart@vetmed.auburn.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 1995 02:47:39 +0800
To: froomkin@law.miami.edu
Subject: Re: Spam the Sign!

>[regarding suggestion that netscape give mit or someone a 128 bit version
>to place on an ftp server]
>
>This is not an apology for the the ITAR, just my usual lawyerly overcaution:
>
>Suppose A gives B a program that is export controlled, intending for B to
>allow it to be exported.  Has A conspired with B to export the program?
>
>Let's ask the grand jury investigating Phil....

That's a possible problem, I suppose, but wouldn't you be protected if
your license agreement with MIT (or whoever) specified redistribution
"for domestic use only"?

                          | (Douglas) Hofstadter's Law:
Frank Stuart              | It always takes longer than you expect, even
fstuart@vetmed.auburn.edu | when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

Thread