1995-11-18 - protecting against impersonation (was: CANADIAN PRESS REPORTS)

Header Data

From: aba@atlas.ex.ac.uk
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 2e83993125f107ea534ce318c65631f3b02d1c2cc9670e4c09dd89b9e297a1ac
Message ID: <29172.9511181558@exe.dcs.exeter.ac.uk>
Raw Date: Sun, 19 Nov 1995 00:09:02 +0800

Raw message

From: aba@atlas.ex.ac.uk
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 1995 00:09:02 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: protecting against impersonation (was: CANADIAN PRESS REPORTS)

anonymous writes:
> I still feel such a sense of violation with what LD did, such an
> utter sense of helplessness at the character assassination I've
> suffered at his hands,

So use PGP, sign your messages.  Simple solution.

> that I feel that I must take some token action to "set the record
> straight".  Something which clears my name.

This post wasn't signed off, but I presume you are "Alice d'nonymous",
it would help lots if you could get yourself an account with a nym
server, such as alpha@c2.org.  That would have the advantages that
your email address would be recognizable, and that people could reply
to you if they wanted to.

If having a working reply address bothers you, well at least sign your
posts, if you're concerned about a persistant identity, the tools are
available to do it.  Complaining about things which have simple
technological solutions won't get you much sympathy.

Adam

Thread