1995-11-05 - Re: The Crypto Applications we would rather not talk about

Header Data

From: Nathan Loofbourrow <loofbour@cis.ohio-state.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 3e5ddb42fc8bdc7adc88294ba4d7223d0474ef768fedd542db29d37d1fdcfa4c
Message ID: <199511050200.VAA11644@hammond.cis.ohio-state.edu>
Reply To: <199511041900.UAA27770@utopia.hacktic.nl>
UTC Datetime: 1995-11-05 02:07:07 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 5 Nov 1995 10:07:07 +0800

Raw message

From: Nathan Loofbourrow <loofbour@cis.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 1995 10:07:07 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: The Crypto Applications we would rather not talk about

Name Withheld by Request writes:
 > Crypto and Privacy tools protect everyone
 > from the hero to the anti-hero...
 >
 >    the technology itself is neutral

Unfortunately, the technology's appearance is distinctly angled toward
the anti-hero. One, because the benefits are more obvious to the
anti-hero; and two, because the abuse of technology gets better press
than its use, particularly in the get-tough-on-crime era.

 >     The answers are there and have been published
 > in most books on tradecraft, 3 person cells organized
 > as pyramids.

I've read only fictional accounts about the 3-person cell. Any
pointers to nonfiction material? "Tradecraft" didn't seem to be the
magic keyword in the local card catalog.

nathan

Thread