1995-11-23 - Re: crypto for porno users

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@piermont.com>
To: Jay Campbell <edge@got.net>
Message Hash: 43031ef7f54319f0970ae4cc851446444d39c8ece30a73163e6318ad7758a7e4
Message ID: <199511231839.NAA24795@jekyll.piermont.com>
Reply To: <199511230817.AAA22826@you.got.net>
UTC Datetime: 1995-11-23 19:01:43 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 24 Nov 1995 03:01:43 +0800

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 1995 03:01:43 +0800
To: Jay Campbell <edge@got.net>
Subject: Re: crypto for porno users

Jay Campbell writes:
> A common way to get around prostitution sting operations is to ask the lady
> to expose sensitive portions of her anatomy to prove her sincerity before
> the would-be customer commits to any transactions; this sort of thing is
> also becoming commonplace on the net for pornography or pirated software,
> too.

Except that government agents have mailed people kiddie porn as parts
of stings. I wonder if decoy cops will expose themselves, too.

All these urban myths about undercover police are amusing but quite
useless. Yes, cops can lie about if they are cops. Yes, they can do
all sorts of things.

Perry

Thread