1995-11-21 - Detweiler and his theory of “Budding Nazism”

Header Data

From: attila <attila@primenet.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 52f2ea0004c308ec86d5633c39d876e2c656339fa45d9c9f72d4780e9eb2d3fb
Message ID: <Pine.BSD.3.91.951121015310.16797A-100000@usr2.primenet.com>
Reply To: <199511202005.MAA25006@infinity.c2.org>
UTC Datetime: 1995-11-21 03:13:26 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 21 Nov 1995 11:13:26 +0800

Raw message

From: attila <attila@primenet.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 1995 11:13:26 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Detweiler and his theory of "Budding Nazism"

 It probably is not worth the aggravation, but ignorant, both poltically and
as to the charter of cypherpunks, assholes like Detweiler need to be set
straight.  Since I doubt Detweiler is open to discussion --small minds
rarely are, we might _very_ politely suggest to the editors of Time, NYT,
and a couple others that Detweiler is not only misinformed, but that he
is not open to discussion.  Enough _polite_ letters to the editors can do
wonders.
On Mon, 20 Nov 1995, Hroller Anonymous Remailer wrote:

> The other anonymous poster was referring to Detweiler's
> belief that cryptoanarchy was a budding Nazism as one
> of his apparent motivations. After a little bit of
> amateur Detweiler study I can agree with this.
>
> His page at http://www.csn.net/~ldetweil/ has sections that
> emphasize his concern about cryptoanarchy as a kind of
> "neo-nazism". Thankfully the cryptoanarchist sentiments
> on this list are much different than nazism in the way
> it advocates complete disengagement from the political
> process, something that tended to make the Nazist agenda
> highly dangerous. Without that you just have a bunch of
> subversive guerillas. Like gnats, irritating but irrelevant.
>
> So as long as we stick with the non-political advocation,
> and stay disorganized, and don't ever amount to anything
> significant as far as visible political clout, I think
> Detweiler is generally going to continue to leave us alone,
> thank God.

Thread