1995-11-16 - Re: CSE gets flak on TV

Header Data

From: anonymous-remailer@shell.portal.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 8f51dee2f25d1ce3ffd54e6b9890700e3d0389ab74254b5daf5e54505a894a46
Message ID: <199511160021.QAA06782@jobe.shell.portal.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 16 Nov 1995 08:41:23 +0800

Raw message

From: anonymous-remailer@shell.portal.com
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 1995 08:41:23 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: CSE gets flak on TV

On Tue, 14 Nov 1995, Mark C. Henderson wrote:

> On Nov 14, 16:47, s1113645@tesla.cc.uottawa.ca wrote:
>> Subject: CSE gets flak on TV
>> For those who care, the Communications Security Establishment has been
>> getting some flak for spying on Mex. during NAFTA talks and on Korea to
>> help us sell Can. nuke reactors:

The CSE deserves all the flak that it can get ... especially the village
idjit in "LMN Group", Barry de 'Artful.  Gee is he full of it.  His phone
manners are atrocious, especially for someone *supposedly* in customer
relations.

I mean are these guys on their toes, or what??  I guess he was just trying
to do a bad Lily Tomlin impression, or they're having a really bad day
over there.  My mistake for demonstrating a willingness to talk.  It
really was a waste of a quarter.

I guess that I'm not supposed to taunt the poor people at the CSE via
STU-III.  I guess I should have used POTS.  I mean Motorola's STU-III
can't be spoofed, can it??  Especially when we go into SECURE MODE??

(btw, that's STRIKE THREE to my Ottawa friends ...)

> Folks who are interested in the CSE should also check out the
> "unofficial CSE home page" at

Hmm, I think they mispelled some stuff on this page.

It's STU-III ... not STY-III ... guess someone's finger slipped up on the
Y and the U, or something.  Then again, maybe we should be specing Alcatel
over Motorola.  Fewer chances for miscommunications.

Or maybe Motorola has a couple of new products coming out. I'll bet
whatever they are, they ain't Marrons Glaces, or Beaujolais Villages.

Alice de 'nonymous ...

                                  ...just another one of those...
                                                   ...hunters...

P.S.  This post is in the public domain.
                  C.  S.  U.  M.  O.  C.  L.  U.  N.  E.

Thread