1995-11-14 - Re: coding and nnet’s

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@piermont.com>
To: frantz@netcom.com (Bill Frantz)
Message Hash: a10368a8805115c755886862b9b27fb2af3900c7204430536d1546aef04202ac
Message ID: <199511111800.NAA23831@jekyll.piermont.com>
Reply To: <199511102255.OAA10734@netcom16.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-11-14 00:21:32 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 14 Nov 1995 08:21:32 +0800

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 1995 08:21:32 +0800
To: frantz@netcom.com (Bill Frantz)
Subject: Re: coding and nnet's

Bill Frantz writes:
> At 14:17 11/10/95 -0500, Atp3000@aol.com wrote:
> >I just resently got interested in coding and cryptography, and I was
> >wondering if you could suggest 3 or 4 papers that adresses the aplication of
> >neural networks in cryptography.
>
> Perhaps neural nets could be used in an unknown plain text, brute force
> attack to automatically select possible decryptions for human examination.
> I don't know of any papers on the subject.

I remember seeing a good paper by our own David Wagner on how to do
this without anything more than some ordinary statistics -- no
complicated junk required. David, if you are reading this, could you
comment?

Perry

Thread