1995-11-01 - Re: Keyed-MD5, ITAR, and HTTP-NG

Header Data

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@osf.org>
To: hallam@w3.org
Message Hash: c25e93dce0bbfe0ecbce4c6d144555eaba831dec98aef628a181e926b059d00e
Message ID: <9510312348.AA12963@sulphur.osf.org>
Raw Date: Wed, 1 Nov 1995 08:41:48 +0800

Raw message

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@osf.org>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 1995 08:41:48 +0800
To: hallam@w3.org
Subject: Re: Keyed-MD5, ITAR, and HTTP-NG

>GSS is often brought up on occasions like this. I have never seen an architectural
>overview of what it is trying to achieve for me or how. When I am provided
>with a clear definition of what it is I hope to arrive at a clear explanation
>of why I'm not using it. Unfortunately the RFC process strips the rationale
>part out of the specs.

You don't understand it, but once you do you can explain why you're not
using it?  Do you really mean that, or am I misunderstanding?

Many of the GSSAPI principals are in the Boston area:  John Linn at
OpenVision in Cambridge, John Wray at Digital in Littleton, Ted T'so
and Marc Horowitz at MIT, etc.

If you would like to have a discussion, face-to-face or phone, let
me know and I will try to work something out.
	/r$

Thread