1995-11-13 - Re: POTP Security

Header Data

From: chen@intuit.com (Mark Chen)
To: jcobb@ahcbsd1.ovnet.com (James M. Cobb)
Message Hash: cb7de362de9104f3e6792478495e7d9171758b9d3bcd9f11d41f4d688edb3d0c
Message ID: <9511120717.AA25332@doom>
Reply To: <Pine.BSD.3.91.951111001407.24482H-100000@ahcbsd1.ovnet.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-11-13 12:06:25 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 13 Nov 1995 20:06:25 +0800

Raw message

From: chen@intuit.com (Mark Chen)
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 1995 20:06:25 +0800
To: jcobb@ahcbsd1.ovnet.com (James M. Cobb)
Subject: Re: POTP Security

> On 11 10 95 jgrubs@left.webcasters.com inquired about POTP
> security:
>
>  What level of security does this cute, little puppy provide???
>

> One approach to answering that inquiry is an excerpt from:
>
>  Date: Sat, 21 OCT 95 10:58:51 -0500
>  From: Paul Jackman <jacktech@delphi.com>
>  Newgroups: talk.politics.crypto
>  Subject: Re: Elementrix One-Time Pad
>

>  ...mine [Jackman's background and experience] goes back to 1961
>  as Crypto Communications Control Command Center Supervisor for
>  the National Security Agency (NSA), and US Army Inteligence Se-
>  curity.  Even so, I do not consider myself expert in either the
>  technical sense or the historical sense.  But, I know enough not
>  to comment on algorithms that I don't have access to.
>
>  The algorithm will be published when patent protection is assured.
>  It is currently patent pending in several countries.
>
>  As far as marketing goes, this product is not going to disapear.
>  We have been premarketing security technology for four years through
>  beta, and one year in pilot with international Fortune 100 companies.
>  The initial presentations on Internet about a year ago showed us that
>  the the newness and complexity of the Algorithm had to be presented
>  one on on one to the experts which Elementrix has done.  There is a
>  long parade of companies that have implimented this technology but
>  do not wish to be named, (Typical of any security implementation.
>  Those who do aknowledge the integity of the products are noteworthy,
>  Allen Brill Kroll Assoc., Al Decker Coopers & Lybrand, Todd Sun Mer-
>  gent, and there will be many more.

Also noteworthy are those who have examined the product under NDA and
declined to give an endorsement.

--
Mark Chen
chen@intuit.com