1995-11-29 - Re: GOST for sale

Header Data

From: futplex@pseudonym.com (Futplex)
Message Hash: d2062fc3ffd9f85208260446f6fda90cab3dea0753effc67f9888fad2c5fb941
Message ID: <199511290728.CAA01862@thor.cs.umass.edu>
Reply To: <Pine.HPP.3.91.951124033807.19699B-100000@cor.sos.sll.se>
UTC Datetime: 1995-11-29 07:46:58 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 15:46:58 +0800

Raw message

From: futplex@pseudonym.com (Futplex)
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 15:46:58 +0800
Subject: Re: GOST for sale

Mats writes:
> JETICO INC., located in Finland (Tammerfors), introduced
> a new crypto system on the world market last week. It's
> based on GOST, the Russian federal standard algorithm.
> This product, called BestCrypt, is implemented at least
> partly in hardware. Alledgedly it uses 'GOST 28147-89',
> whatever that stands for.

A DejaNews search for "BestCrypt" turned up an announcement by
Sergey Frolov in comp.security.misc
on November 14th. According to him, it implements GOST, single DES, and IDEA.
They have DOS and Windows versions. He says [big sic for this quote]:

	All algorithm available simultaneosly - you may change
	algorithm for your data easy - it's look like to change the password...

	I have non-commercial demo version of the product (370 Kb arjed
	distributive) and I can send it to people who will be interested in it.

-Futplex <futplex@pseudonym.com>

Thread