1995-11-08 - Re: nym-compoop

Header Data

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
To: Stephen Whitaker <cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: fa7b110b97af4cc1b9ebf50d2a1268077d6def212dfe4453c52c69728b855d95
Message ID: <acc2c76d080210041e54@[205.199.118.202]>
Raw Date: Thu, 9 Nov 1995 04:09:37 +0800

Raw message

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 1995 04:09:37 +0800
To: Stephen Whitaker <cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: nym-compoop

[I have taken the liberty of deleting "speaker@leg.state.vt.us"  and
"villuzzi@leg.state.vt.us" from the cc: list, as I think cross-pollinating
our list with state asssembly houses is even worse than being "assimilated"
by wwwbuyinfo and e$-list.]

At 2:35 AM GMT 11/6/95, Stephen Whitaker wrote:

>Eating my tasty crow gives rise to another question relating to the timing
>and continuity of these threads: How did the first responder on the RE:
>134.222.9.1, Simon Spero, reply at 10:48 pm on Nov. 4 to Anonymous' posting
>of 7:19AM on Nov 5? Which way is this thing spinnin?

Have you heard of time zones?

The first message, from Anonymous, was sent from the Replay remailer (in
Amsterdam, I recall).

Date: Sun, 5 Nov 1995 07:20:12 +0100
Subject: lp (134.222.35.2)?
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)

07:20 in the +0100 timezone is of course 22:20 of the previous day
(Saturday) in the -0800 time zone.

The reply by Spero was sent

Date: Sat, 4 Nov 1995 22:48:39 -0800 (PST)
From: Simon Spero <ses@tipper.oit.unc.edu>
To: Anonymous <nobody@REPLAY.COM>

Looks harmless to me.

However, there is increasing evidence the intelligence agencies have
managed to open up a portal in time, using the tachyonic devices being
manufactured by Tachytronx, of Woodland Hills.

These time portals are used by Science Applications to launder money back
to eras in which it was needed.

One of the major remailers is located on a system called "Portal," which
ought to be enough to convince anyone in these paranoic times.

--Klaus! von Future Prime, whose chronotransport secrets now stand revealed

Thread