1995-11-27 - Re: establishing trust

Header Data

From: Greg Rose <Greg_Rose@sydney.sterling.com>
To: cme@clark.net
Message Hash: fc97bfedc2586214320ee82ca292f89256a3c00667849995bba277671472a16a
Message ID: <pgpmoose.199511280943.49404@paganini.sydney.sterling.com>
Reply To: <199511270516.AAA05126@clark.net>
UTC Datetime: 1995-11-27 23:15:10 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 07:15:10 +0800

Raw message

From: Greg Rose <Greg_Rose@sydney.sterling.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 07:15:10 +0800
To: cme@clark.net
Subject: Re: establishing trust

Carl M. Ellison wrote:
  Did you intentionally not provide the same key that this was signed with?
  I added the key you provided, but PGP still couldn't find the right key for
  this signature.

I think we've discovered another potential nasty.
I accidentally sent out the SECRET key not the
public key. I believe the problem you suffered was
because it added it to secring not pubring.

No I'm not going to make the passphrase public. I
apologise for any inconvenience to people who
added this to their secring.pgp, it was certainly
not intentional on my part to do this to people.
You should probably delete it.

Greg.

Thread