1995-11-28 - Re: Cypherpunk Certification Authority

Header Data

From: anonymous-remailer@shell.portal.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: ff531e779b7fb0faf2a6f2c7162b2a5fae709e2a954f9f8dfbcf5291930cdc7c
Message ID: <199511281032.CAA21495@jobe.shell.portal.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 19:54:06 +0800

Raw message

From: anonymous-remailer@shell.portal.com
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 19:54:06 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Cypherpunk Certification Authority

On Sun, 26 Nov 1995, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> Someone spoofing Alice, who is either Detweiler or "Dr." Cohen, says:
> > I have never signed any of my posts to this mailing list and frankly have
> > no intention of beginning at this point.
>
> Well, signed Alice posts have shown up, so we will just have to assume
> that the above was a spoof and that the signed Alice posts are the
> real ones, now won't we?

Perry.  Normally I try my best to ignore you.

But I will simply repeat, I have never signed a post, and have no
intention of beginning to sign any posts, until I establish a secure
machine in a secure complex that is dedicated to that purpose.

I like to think that I take my security somewhat seriously.

And I would ask whoever DID post the PGP key under my name, to please
issue a revocation certificate.

> Perry

Alice de 'nonymous ...

                                  ...just another one of those...

P.S.  This post is in the public domain.
                  C.  S.  U.  M.  O.  C.  L.  U.  N.  E.

Thread