1995-12-04 - Re: key escrow compromise

Header Data

From: Alex Strasheim <cp@proust.suba.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 015c958d11f2618d51e29fe45d1b532cafb7ccfd289305d5eef81ac532ed0333
Message ID: <199512042009.OAA04796@proust.suba.com>
Reply To: <30C3575F@mailer2>
UTC Datetime: 1995-12-04 20:07:53 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 4 Dec 95 12:07:53 PST

Raw message

From: Alex Strasheim <cp@proust.suba.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 95 12:07:53 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: key escrow compromise

>I tend to agree with Clark in only one regard: the government is going
>to get into the key storage/retrieval business in some form or another
>eventually & inevitably; it's just not stoppable.

I don't understand this attitude at all.

There is no constituency for GAK except for law enforcement.  Everyone
else hates it.  There isn't any legal or constitutional basis for
believing that GAK is unstoppable.

The more information people have about GAK the less likely it becomes,
and more and more people find out about it every day.

Perhaps believing our opponents have unlimited power and influence adds
to the romance of what we're doing here.  But it's not true.

This is winnable.

Thread