1995-12-07 - Re: Responding to Exon – technology is not enough

Header Data

From: “E. ALLEN SMITH” <EALLENSMITH@mbcl.rutgers.edu>
To: Bill.Humphries@msn.fullfeed.com
Message Hash: 02930d264ba968e47d93cc73e8fa0e682a55d2e3c8a25cd67f296b43249c45da
Message ID: <01HYIYF5CAAK9S3S5K@mbcl.rutgers.edu>
Raw Date: Thu, 7 Dec 95 10:17:20 PST

Raw message

From: "E. ALLEN SMITH" <EALLENSMITH@mbcl.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 95 10:17:20 PST
To: Bill.Humphries@msn.fullfeed.com
Subject: Re: Responding to Exon -- technology is not enough

From:	IN%"Bill.Humphries@msn.fullfeed.com"  6-DEC-1995 20:16:17.29

>Anyone wish to comment on the prospect of a double blind server, set
>outside U.S. borders, that can act as an interface to the rest of the
>world, perhaps encrypting or stego'ing the data transfered between it and
>the user? Basically, an anonymous remailer that acts as a cross between
>an NNTP, POP3, and SMTP servers.
------------------------------
	Encrypting data between the server and the user would probably not work
very well, due to the lack of cryptographic knowledge among most users (_I_
don't know how to set up PGP for a VAX (even if I had the room to store it
in my quota), and I have some interests in this stuff). However, something
where someone did a standard http link in, typed in a destination, and got put
 there in a way that would look like the person was coming in from the server
should work. For best bookmarking results, the added link should probably be
inside the link that it looked to the user like they were on. For instance,

http://www.anonserve.net/http/www.hotsex.com/

should bookmark properly, and be interpretable by the server as being a
command to do a http link to that that web location. I am admittedly not that
familiar with the root mechanism of the WWW, but I believe this would work.
	-Allen

Thread